The Center is pleased to offer a wide variety of services to all Wake Forest faculty. If you would like to schedule any of these or other services, contact Catherine Ross at x4559 or email@example.com for more information.
Individual consultations can be arranged at any time by emailing or calling Catherine Ross, Managing Director of the TLC, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 4559. What can you do in a consultation? A consultation can be anything from a five minute chat about a specific question or topic, to a meeting to go over student feedback and strategize a pedagogical plan, to ongoing meetings to design/rework a course, and also includes class observations and debriefing for those who want that type of feedback. Consultations are designed to fit individual needs and interests. The important thing to know about these consultations is that they are always non-evaluative and always confidential. We are here to support and nurture your talents and skills as teachers to help you achieve your teaching goals.
Teaching to Go: Departments can design their own workshops!
- Choose any topic from the list to arrange a workshop during a regularly scheduled faculty meeting or at your department’s convenience.
- Choose your time frame for the workshop. The workshops can be a quick introduction to a topic (5-10 minutes), an extended exploration and discussion (2 hours), or anything in between.
- Email Catherine Ross at email@example.com to request the workshop.
- Formative Feedback: Getting it efficiently and using it effectively.
- Evaluation of Teaching: Student, Peer and/or Self
- Inclusive Teaching: What it means in practice
- Engaging Students
- Leading discussion
- Writing and using course learning objectives
- Designing and using effective rubrics
- Testing and Grading: The Dark Side of Teaching?
- Troubleshooting: A general discussion of teaching issues
- Designing a Better Syllabus
- Incivility in the Classroom
- Department’s choice! Don’t see the topic you want here? Just ask!