Wake Forest faculty receive promotions
May 6, 2009
Sixteen faculty members at Wake Forest University received promotions effective July 1. All faculty listed are on the Reynolda Campus.
The following associate professors were promoted to professor:
- Jennifer Burg, computer science
- David John, computer science
- William Fleeson, psychology
- Simeon Ilesanmi, religion
- Allan Louden, communication
- Chet Miller, Babcock Graduate School of Management
- Michelle Roehm, Babcock Graduate School of Management
- James Schirillo, psychology
- Helga Welsh, political science
Associate professor Jennifer Collins, School of Law, was promoted to professor and granted tenure.
The following assistant professors were promoted to associate professor with tenure:
- Christian Miller, philosophy
- Akbar Salam, chemistry
- Paul Thacker, anthropology
The following assistant professors were promoted to associate professor:
- Kami Simmons, School of Law
- Omari Simmons, School of Law
Associate professor Pat Dickson, Calloway School of Business and Accountancy, was granted tenure.