Facts: Babcock and Calloway Schools
September 26, 2007
Babcock Graduate School of Management
Degree programs: The Babcock School offers a full-time MBA program; MBA programs for working professionals in Winston-Salem and Charlotte; and a Master of Arts in Management. The programs for working professionals include Evening and Fast-Track Executive MBA programs in Winston-Salem, and Evening and Saturday MBA programs in Charlotte. All are two-year programs except the 17-month Fast-Track Executive program; and the 10-month Master of Arts in Management program, which is for recent college graduates in the liberal arts and sciences.
Joint degree programs: The Babcock School offers joint degree programs with Wake Forest’s schools of Law (JD/MBA), Medicine (MD/MBA), the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (Ph.D./MBA) and the Calloway School of Business and Accountancy (MSA/MBA).
Enrollment: 491 students
Full-time: 170 students (32% women, 11% minority, 24% international)
Working professionals: 305 students (25% women, 20% minority, 2% international)
MA in Management: 16 students (44% women, 19% minority)
Full-time faculty: 31
- The Babcock School is ranked in each of the five major graduate business school surveys – Business Week, Financial Times, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal and U.S.News & World Report. Among those, the school ranks second among the nation’s best regional business schools in The Wall Street Journal for 2007.
- The school’s entrepreneurship program has been ranked 17th in the nation by Entrepreneur magazine and has been listed among the nation’s top 26 programs by Fortune Small Business. The school also has been ranked 10th in the world in the Beyond Grey Pinstripes/Aspen Institute survey for preparing its MBA graduates for social and environmental stewardship.
Special programs and resources:
- Student competitions: Wake Forest Marketing Summit, Wake Forest Elevator Competition
- Angell Center for Entrepreneurship, including the Babcock Demon Incubator and Family Business Centers in Winston-Salem and Charlotte
- Flow Institute for International Studies
- Management Consulting Practicum: Student field-study program
Accreditation: AACSB International and the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Web site: http://mba.wfu.edu/
Calloway School of Business and Accountancy
Degree programs: The Calloway School of Business and Accountancy offers two degree programs: the four-year Bachelor of Science degree, with majors in accountancy, business, finance, and mathematical business (in cooperation with the mathematics department); and the Master of Science in Accountancy degree.
Enrollment: 492 students (including 77 MSA students)
Full-time faculty: 31
- 17th among nearly 100 undergraduate business programs in the U.S. according to the 2007 Business Week rankings report
- 27th among 454 accredited undergraduate business programs in the U.S., according to the 2007 U.S. News & World Report guide. Among specialties in the survey, the Calloway School ranks 18th in entrepreneurship, 21st in accountancy.
- Summer Management Program
- International Study Tour
- Global Trade and Commerce Minor
- International Studies Minor
- Center for Entrepreneurship and the Liberal Arts
CPA Exam Results: Currently ranked first in the nation for the highest passage rate on the first attempt of the CPA Exam
AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
Web site: http://calloway.wfu.edu/