The Office of Multicultural Affairs strives to enhance the experience of students from underrepresented groups and foster an appreciation of diversity and inclusion. We collaborate to recruit and engage students through educational, social and co-curricular programming. We emphasize identity, intersectionality and relationship-building to foster intercultural understanding. Our cultural competence education initiatives empower students for global leadership and equip students to carry forth the Wake Forest mission of Pro Humanitate.
The vision of the Office of Multicultural Affairs is to foster a climate within the campus community which recognizes the value that multicultural diversity brings to the total educational experience. We strive to create an environment where human differences are celebrated. Our office seeks to weave our operational goals into the very fabric of the campus community, via collaborative programming and integrative planning with other divisions of the university which share our mission.
Service & Program Roles
- Assist in the planning of social and cultural programs for the purpose of promoting cultural diversity and enhancing cultural understanding on the campus.
- Implement leadership development programming initiatives.
- Develop and administer orientation programs for new ethnic minority students.
- Assess academic, cultural, and social needs, as well as educational goals of ethnic minority students. Implement programs which provide students with access to various academic services.
- Monitor academic progress of ethnic minority students.
- Serve as a liaison between students and the Office of Personal and Career Development to provide internship information and career counseling.
- Participate in the development and delivery of appropriate programming for student-athletes.
- Coordinate ethnic minority alumni activities.
- Implement training programs for university students and faculty/staff understanding on the campus.