- Applicants must have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have a minimum total score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement of interest.
- Based on the material contained in his or her application, an applicant may be invited by the department for an interview either in person or via Skype.